Our Founder, Anna David will be speaking at the upcoming WellMama Family Wellness Fair, March 24th from 10am – 1pm at Taborspace. This free event offers Portland-area families an opportunity to connect with local
health and wellness providers, as well as to learn more about community resources to support family health.
It features classes and fun activities for kids, as well as presentations from a series of speakers, including:
- Bryna Sampey, lactation consultant and owner of Doula My Soul and creator of the original
WellMama event held annually in Vancouver, WA, will discuss social media’s impact on parenting
- Helen Anderson, creator of Milk-Saver, will explore breastfeeding challenges and approaches for
- Elisabeth Anderson-Sierra the “Pumping Queen” of One Ounce at a Time, will conduct a question-
and-answer session on milk production and storage.
- Jana Corbett, psychologist with Baby Blues Connection, will detail resources and support during
pregnancy and postpartum.
- Anna David, founder of NICU Families NW, will share insights into sensitivity and resource sharing.
- Sarah Reppenhagen, pediatric occupational therapist and owner of Gather & Grow, will offer tips on
how to navigate the world of baby gear and its impact on children’s growth.
- Ruth Braunhuber, owner of Fit4Mom SE Portland Happy Valley, will demonstrate a series of
exercises appropriate for new and expectant mothers.
- Victor Barreda Pazos owner of Aqua4Life, will discuss the healing properties of water during the
The event is hosted and sponsored by Bond & Love, creator of the My Droplette small quantity milk collector
for breastfeeding mothers, and is an offshoot of the original WellMama-VanWA event (to be held in May).
Both WellMama events aim to help new families overcome a feeling commonly experienced when they bring
home a baby for the first time: That finding resources, referrals and community is a bit like discovering a
“secret society” that requires an insider to help them connect.
Join us on Saturday for this great local event!